Friday 27 December 2013

ZARA Perfumes Review (& DUPES)

Via Omnify
I am a big fan of Zara and as most of you will know, they do a rather big fragrance range that includes a varying range of scents. I have to admit I am also a big fan of their perfumes because they smell great and the price is really good for the amount you are buying. I thought I would share my thoughts on three perfumes I have purchased from Zara over the last few months. 

BLACK AMBER


Black Amber has to be my most favourite perfume from Zara because it smells so great. The scent of this perfume has similar tones of Dolce & Gabanna's 'The One' but perhaps a slightly sweeter version. Those closest to me will know that 'The One' is my favourite perfume so this is a perfect cheaper dupe for the D&G. I don't know about you but when I buy expensive perfumes, I don't like to use it a lot or everyday because I am a 'washer' when it comes to perfumes, i.e. I practically wash myself when putting on perfume! I have a weird thing, where I want my fragrance to be smelt by others when I'm walking around. (Weird, I know.) So being a 'washer', I don't want to be paying over £60 every few months to stock up on perfume, which is why I don't like to use my expensive perfumes all the time. However, this Zara perfume not only smells amazing but is only £9.99. I am on my third bottle because it is my everyday go-to perfume and I also love the fact it is quite long-lasting. It definitely lasts a few hours which is great for the price. Plus, it comes with a cute roll-on perfume, which is perfect to put in your bag and take with you wherever you go. This is really handy when your at uni/college or simply out and about and want to quickly and subtly top up your perfume. 



ZARA WHITE



The next perfume from Zara that I just got is called 'White' which is part of a collection of fragrances that are all named after colours. Some colours have sweet tones while some, like 'White', have muskier tones. They come in two sizes, the bigger size which I think is 70ml (£7.99), and a smaller 30 ml bottle (£4.99). I really love the scent of 'White' because it is different to a lot of the popular scents we have at the moment. The size and the price that you pay, I feel, is an absolute steal. Like I mentioned, the scent has musky and earthy tones which creates a very alluring fragrance. I am in love with this perfume but I would say that it doesn't last as long as Black Amber. Having said that, for the price you pay it still lasts for an hour or so which is acceptable, in my opinion. Zara 'White' is definitely a good and affordable dupe of Lancome's 'Miracle' fragrance, which I absolutely love. 



SILK


Finally, we have reached the third Zara perfume I have tried and tested. 'Silk' is a very light perfume that has floral high notes but I wouldn't say it is a sweet floral scent. I love the smell of this perfume and again, the price of it was just £9,99. I am not completely sure if they still sell this perfume in Zara stores but if they do I would recommend they adjust a few things. The downfall of this fragrance is its lightness, it doesn't last at all! It is only obviously smelt for about 5 minutes and then fades into nothingness, 10 if you are lucky and indoors! I have put a generous amount of this perfume on while being out and I can honestly say that the scent disappeared within 5-10 minutes. Although, the price is not that much, Zara have perfumes of the same price that last a lot longer, such as Black Amber. It's a shame because the fragrance really is very beautiful but I wouldn't purchase this again.



1 comment: